Striped Toe Socks

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Weekend Fun With Sheep and More

Saturday I went to the Upper Valley Fiber Fest with Emily. We met up with some of our other Sunday knit night friends. Although smaller than the Wool Gathering there were still many temptations. When we have sunlight again I will take pictures of the yarn I bought. I have no idea what I'll do with it, but I can't wait to start knitting with it. The dog herding ducks was hilarious. He reminded me of my parents Border Collie mix who tried to herd the new puppy when he arrived. Experiencing all the glorious fiber was so much better with other knitters. Emily and Chris both have great pictures of the day.

Today was so gloomy I had to fight the the feeling from creeping inside my head. We went out for breakfast and then went to Harbor Freight and Target. Although I had made fun of Harbor Freight I promptly found the chair I had been looking for for the patio. It needs to be stained or painted and put together. I'm trying to talk my Dad into teaching me how to stain, but that just earned me a confused look. He doesn't understand my interest in what he has developed such skill at. I also think he sees it as "man work", which is just plain stupid. We'll see what happens. Maybe I'll get a book and teach myself. Dinner at the folks was total bickering chaos. J got so twitchy we left early. Alex did ease my pain with a delicious margarita.

After I got home I finished the CPH front, woo hoo! I think this project will be on temporary hold so I can play with my new yarn.

The rest of my time has been consumed by Water For Elephants. I was hesitant to read this since I don't like the circus and I don't like elephants very much. I'm glad Emily convinced me. The fact that a Jack Russel Terrier is featured in it just adds to the enjoyment.

All in all a good few days. I needed them.
posted by Ginny at 10:55 PM

1 Comments:

"I don't like the circus and I don't like elephants very much" For some reason that made me laugh!

May 12, 2008 at 8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home