Striped Toe Socks

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Sell By 08/04/10

I had my now weekly check with the OB today and things are moving swiftly along. I am 3 cm dilated and 75% effaced. (the goal is 10cm and 100% for baby to make his/her arrival) I also had an ultrasound and the baby is in the 80th percentile, which means we don't want to go past my due date. So the doctor has scheduled an induction for August 4, if I haven't gone on my own by then.The doctor also "helped things along", which I might add was less than comfortable.

I'm definitely feeling like things are wrapping up. The baby is head down, and I have pre-period like cramps and occasional twinges of all out pain in my cervix. The Braxton Hicks are also more frequent, though still not painful Relaxin has made me feel like a floppy doll who's seams are coming loose around the joints.

The nursery should be done on Monday and all the furniture will be moved in Tuesday. All the tiny baby things are washed and ready to go in the drawers. I even have my hospital bag (mostly) packed.

I'm beyond excited about the impending arrival of the little one. Even my fear of labor and recovery has moved to the back burner. It just seems like one more step I have to go through to get our baby here.

I've loved being pregnant, even through the awful sick all the time stage. I think I will feel a little sad when I'm not anymore, but it's worth the exchange.
posted by Ginny at 9:06 PM

2 Comments:

oooh so soon!! I can't believe it! whee!! I love other people's babies! :)

July 16, 2010 at 9:19 PM  

It really does sound as if you could go any day! Can't wait to see him or her!

July 17, 2010 at 4:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home