Striped Toe Socks

Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy (4th day of the) New Year!

Yeah, I'm a little late, but I'm pregnant and have a cold with a lovely barking cough. I am so hawt right now. I'm not sure how J can resist my charms. But yes, I"M PREGNANT! In case you have missed that announcement somehow along the way. Plus, I just like seeing it in print.

It's been five weeks since I found out, we have had two ultrasounds and heard a racing heart. Still, it feels, sometimes, like I'm pretending. When I was a little girl I played house or "grown up" and that's what I feel like now, that I'm just faking it. Of course my breasts have become The Boobs of Doom, sometimes I throw up as soon as I get up and my favorite jeans don't button comfortably anymore. (despite the fact that I've only gained one pound) My little gummy bear is real and moving around inside me. The other moments are the holy crap I'm having a baby in August! moments.

The Christmas knitting did not get finished. Yes, I'm blaming the baby, poor baby. I'm barely a third of the way through Alex's scarf. I did finish Chrissy's mittens and the two toddlers scarves, so I'm not a complete failure. The bad thing is, of course, I miss knitting for me. I think I am the worlds most selfish knitter.

I like the idea of knitting resolutions much more than the regular kind. Besides I can't resolve to lose weight this year, so why bother. I had originally planning to participate in Sock Wars, but things changed and I know I wouldn't have been able to put my best foot forward with it. I also gave some thought to working through Elizabeth Zimmermanns Knitter's Almanac, but I really don't want to knit everything in it anyway. (If I have a girl though, you can bet she'll be wearing a February Baby Sweater) So here are the things I want to accomplish in 2010.

1-Conquer charts, both lace and colorwork
2-Finish at least one blanket for the baby
3-Always have a pair of socks on the needles (um, hopefully not the same sock all year)
4-Learn some new sock skills, such as heel flaps and toe up socks.

I think that's enough to keep me busy for a while.
posted by Ginny at 10:03 AM

2 Comments:

I think you'll be plenty motivated to get at least one baby blanket done! But I'm right there with you with the charts. Hate 'em!

January 5, 2010 at 9:21 AM  

Congratulations Ginny!!! I'm so happy and excited for you!!! I hope the pregnancy turns you into a chart lover (pregnancy does weird things to you apparently - it made my mother hate baked beans to this very day!)

January 5, 2010 at 8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home