Striped Toe Socks

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Good-Bye 20's!

Tomorrow I turn 30! Yes, send cake because I do NOT have gestational diabetes. As I prepare to welcome a new decade of life I began to look back at the last one. My overall memory is that the last ten years have been, hard. That isn't completely fair or by any means all inclusive.

I got married, at twenty-one. New marriage is challenging and it is even more so when you are very young. Looking back, I would have waited a while longer, but I've learned and grown a lot. We spent some time in counseling, something I'm proud to say. I feel stronger and more untied with my husband for all the work we have put in.

I almost lost my Mom. It's been two years to the day and I still feel sick when I think about that time. I cannot express how thankful I am that she is here with me today. Our relationship has changed in the last decade. It began with me still very much under her loving wing. It was a hard place to pull myself out of, into the unknown. My life has expanded and grown richer because of it, thanks for pushing me out Mama.

Infertility. The word that has haunted me in recent years. I never in a million years thought it wwould have happened to me. That I would lose my first pregnancy. Later, I never thought I would end up pregnant without the help of modern technology. This led to some of the best moments of my life, hearing my babies heartbeat and feeling him or her kicking inside me. When I think about the next decade I think of it as the time I will be a new mother, a time when my babies will be young.
I can't wait.

Learning to knit shaped my life. Through it I have met amazing friends, friends that make me feel loved and make me laugh. I've developed confidence and been able to use my mind and hands in new, creative ways.

I'm excited about what's to come. Bring it, I'm ready.



 
posted by Ginny at 10:50 AM

3 Comments:

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

May 13, 2010 at 7:21 AM  

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

May 13, 2010 at 7:21 AM  

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

May 13, 2010 at 7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home