Striped Toe Socks

Monday, June 21, 2010

Preparations

At almost 34 weeks (eak!) time is running short and nothing is as close to being done as I want it to be.

The Room

The plan is to replace the flooring with carpet or hardwood. The choice depends on what is under the carpet. Goal for the week to finish emptying the room and pull up the carpet. If it has a normal sub floor, then wood it is. Of course getting this done depends on J factors A,B and C. (reminding myself that stressing about it doesn't make it get done faster)



I'm trying to choose between these two colors. The other color is buttercream. For some reason they  look blurry, no matter how many shots I took. The plan is to do two walls in each color. Another question is, opposing walls or next to each other?

The Supplies

After my fantastic shower, which deserves it's own post, I feel pretty prepared with stuff. I have onesies, bibs, tiny socks, diapers, wipes, and everything for babies first bath. Oh yeah, except a tub, still working on that. I have a car seat, stroller and crib. I still need the mattress for said crib. I also have a hand me down cradle and swing. There are a few gaps to fill in, but on this front at least I'm much closer to the goal.

Labor and Delivery

I decided to skip the several days of classes telling me how to breath and watching videos of women in labor. This could be a huge mistake, I'll let you know on the other side. What I am doing is a breastfeeding class and one called "comforts of labor". I have full intention of getting an epidural, no natural childbirth for me! I wonder if this is all part of my denial about labor. I wish I was one of those women who embraces the experience and sees the beauty in all. I'm just afraid and no book or website I have read has convinced me otherwise,. It's all just a vast unknown, how will it actually go for me, not just the other birth stories I've read. These fears, amongst the other multitude of unknowns, has upped my anxiety levels in recent weeks.

All in all I guess I'm getting there. Emotionally I'm very up and down. I fluctuate between excitement  and terror. I find myself wishing it was September and all these fears were a distant memory and I could fully focus on my expanded family.
posted by Ginny at 10:49 AM

2 Comments:

for the paint, do the two walls of the same color next to each other. I think it comes out blurry because you are not in "close up" shooting mode (the one with the little flower).

I agree, whenever we have kids, I am all for drugs!

June 21, 2010 at 3:34 PM  

I agree about the two walls adjacent being the same color and I vote for the darker of the two shades that you're considering - even if you think it seems a little bold on the chip, I think you'll be happier when it's on the walls! I've done whole rooms in colors that might as well have been beige because I wimped out and picked the lighter color! just go for it!

June 22, 2010 at 9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home