Striped Toe Socks

Monday, December 8, 2008

Weekend Recap

Friday started out pretty tough. I had spent the day with my Mom, which was good, but when I got home at 4, J was there, not good. He used to work 50-55 hrs a week, oh the glorious overtime! Not so much anymore. The last few weeks he has been lucky to get 40 hrs in and it's starting to hurt in the money, worry and male ego departments. It just makes me angry how people are being hurt by others mistakes. I was pretty angry on Friday and very worried, so much so I thought/think we should stop trying to get pregnant for a few months and see how things are then. At this point I just don't know what to do on that one, J says we'll have nine months to prepare for that and not to worry so much. Thankfully, I have until next month to think about it.

Saturday I woke up in a complete funk. I had a hair appointment, that had been scheduled months ago. I felt pretty bad spending that money, but it turned out to be good to get out. J spent that time going to my Mom's new office and fixing her computer, money in the pocket and after they were done, they did a little shopping together. I love that my Mom and husband love each other. We both came home in a more relaxed mood and settled in for a long nap. In the evening we baby sat Joy's twins. J did really well, despite his fleeing before diaper changing time.

Sunday we had lunch plans with our family at Dewey's Pizza. We were planning on a late lunch and arrived about two, only to discover Dewey's opens at 4pm on Sundays. We headed back to Kettering and went to El Torro instead. Alex brought his girlfriend, this is only the second time I've met her, but I like her, very cute and sweet. He's really happy with her and it makes me happy to see him this way. It was Knit Night, but this time on Far Hills. I was a little nervous about branching out, but I think it will be good. The first night went really well and the new location brought some new people. I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes.

The Christmas knitting needs to get kicked up a notch if I want it to be done by Christmas. So instead of working on any of it, I started a sweater for Molly. Does it count if I give it to her for Christmas?
posted by Ginny at 10:28 AM

2 Comments:

Too much to comment on there! :)

I'll have to save most of my comments for an email later but, holy smokes, I can't wait to see Molly in a sweater!

And, yes, it totally counts!

December 8, 2008 at 2:21 PM  

My mom once told me that if you wait until you can afford to have kids you never will. So I say as long as you are destitute and living on the streets you should keep trying. Money, of course, isn't the only factor but you know what I'm saying :) And trust me, the universe has a way of working things out.

And OMG if I tried to put Bruce in a sweater I think he'd be outta here. But Molly is sweet so it'll probably work for her :)

December 8, 2008 at 4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home