Striped Toe Socks

Saturday, November 29, 2008

An Alpaca Filled Day



Today the girls and I went to an alpaca farm out in Fairborn. I was a little hesitant about the whole thing, not really knowing what to expect at someones house, but it was a lot of fun. The property itself was beautiful. The owners have lived there for twenty years. They were looking for something they could all do together when they bought their first alpaca. Now they have thirty three. The barn is the kind of place stories should take place, old, with lots of nooks and crannies for imaginations to flow.





There were hand made items. The sweaters were so soft and warm

There were felted items also.

I bought some yarn (of course!), both from this farm and some that they traded for. I'll have to get pictures of that up tomorrow.

Overall it was just a really neat experience. The family is proud of the land and the alpacas. They have worked very hard to take good care of the animals and the love for their work shines through. This is the first year they have held an open house and although it is small, they did a nice job and I wish them lots of sales.
posted by Ginny at 5:52 PM

1 Comments:

How cool! I heard about this and I'm kind of thinking of going tomorrow! I probably need some yarn for something or another, right? ;) Plus, it's hard to beat getting to see 33 alpacas in one place! I can't wait to see what you got!

November 29, 2008 at 10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home