Striped Toe Socks

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Knitting With a Cloud

I've been working with the alpaca/angora blend I bought at the farm last weekend. It flows through my fingers like silk. I'm making a very simple shawl for my Mom. It seems almost too simple, it's not lace or anything. I know there are beautiful, complicated patterns out there and I'm sure they are worth all the work, but they, at this stage, aren't for me. They aren't really who my mom is either. The shawl, I think and hope, is very true to who she is. It is light, soft, strong and full of comfort. It's pure pleasure knitting. Hobby or not, knitting is not always a pleasure. The size two needle shaped indention and blister that followed too much sock knitting was not pleasure.

I hope she likes it.
posted by Ginny at 4:38 PM

1 Comments:

I'm sure she'll love it. That yarn is so gorgeous!

December 4, 2008 at 8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home