Striped Toe Socks

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Rear Window



I've loved this movie for as long as I can remember. I've seen it on the big screen a few times and it's only more glorious that way. Here are some reasons why I list it as my favorite movie of all time.

1) Grace Kelly, beautiful, amazing actress, that made up accent learned from a voice coach, perfection.

2) Jimmy Stewart, kind, smart, a little awkward, my kind of hero.

3) Directed by the greatest director of all time. Hitchcock never fails to hold my attention and scare the crap out of me.

4) Lisa Freemonts wardrobe.

5) The microcosm of society viewed through a window. It isn't just the possible murderer, it's Miss Lonelyheart, Miss Torso, The Newlyweds. Each adds dimension, each story adds to the other, while hardly interacting, so like real life.

6) Sexy, with unmarried sleepovers and nighties in the 40's, I like the implied naughtiness.

7) Timeless.

posted by Ginny at 9:42 PM

1 Comments:

Aw, I saw that that was on last night but we had already missed it. I love that movie. Well, I pretty much love anything with Jimmy Stewart in it. :-)

May 21, 2008 at 8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home