Striped Toe Socks
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
I've loved this movie for as long as I can remember. I've seen it on the big screen a few times and it's only more glorious that way. Here are some reasons why I list it as my favorite movie of all time.
1) Grace Kelly, beautiful, amazing actress, that made up accent learned from a voice coach, perfection.
2) Jimmy Stewart, kind, smart, a little awkward, my kind of hero.
3) Directed by the greatest director of all time. Hitchcock never fails to hold my attention and scare the crap out of me.
4) Lisa Freemonts wardrobe.
5) The microcosm of society viewed through a window. It isn't just the possible murderer, it's Miss Lonelyheart, Miss Torso, The Newlyweds. Each adds dimension, each story adds to the other, while hardly interacting, so like real life.
6) Sexy, with unmarried sleepovers and nighties in the 40's, I like the implied naughtiness.