Striped Toe Socks

Monday, May 19, 2008

A Good Day for a Clapotis

Yesterday we went to my friend Alex's graduation party and froze our asses off. Alex is moving out to LA in a month to pursue a career in film production. I've known him for about fifteen years, so I have lots of stories to sell to Inside Edition if he ever gets famous. Hey, the kids have to go to college somehow.

So back to the freezing. It was cold and windy. I have lately grown obsessed with knitting a clapotis and all I could think of yesterday was how warm I would be if only I had one. I've begun the homework part, the yarn choice and trying to figure out how to unravel the stitches in the pattern. At the Clap (hee, hee) group on Rave they describe it as a "mindless project". Um, maybe my mind is slower than theres because it doesn't look mindless.

I skipped Knit Night last night for the second week in a row. I was amazed how much I missed it. I did enjoy time with J though. He has been so stressed lately and I've been, well a little up and down mood wise. It was fun to just relax. We caught up on BSG and My Name is Earl and ate Wonder Bars for dinner.

I'm not a fan of short stories. The first chapter of a book is always the hardest for me and short stories seem like the first chapter over and over. I love Jennifer Weiner though and she published a book of short stories called The Guy Not Taken. I'm almost done with it and I loved them all. Each story left me wanting more. After that The Name of the Rose, and hopefully I will add it my read list not my started but didn't finish list.
posted by Ginny at 1:34 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home