Striped Toe Socks

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I'm In Love


With the February Lady Sweater. I am even farther along then this picture I snapped yesterday morning. I have an inch or two left of the body. This sweater has been pretty elusive in the photo department, they all end up looking washed out.

The search for buttons has begun. Is it too early for that? Nah, I love buttons. Looking through my Grandma's button basket was one of my favorite past times when I was little.

The Leathers

Button One

Button Two

Button Three

The Metals

Button One


Button Two

Ok, clearly I need to narrow this list, this wasn't even all of them. Ugg.

My other debate is lace sleeves or garter stitch sleeves. I'm leaning towards the garter (as much as I love the lace) and I may make them a little slimmer.

My expectations are high that this will be a sweater I not only finish, but wear and love.




posted by Ginny at 9:11 AM

3 Comments:

oh Ginny - it looks great!! Honestly, when I saw you working on the yoke, I feared that the fuzziness would mute the lace, but it didn't - it's beautiful!! I'm a big fan of metal button #2, but you should totally make a trip to JoAnn's - you could find similar stuff much cheaper! (although I've never seen that website before and I'm pretty excited about it! i need another button like i need a hole in my head!)

October 6, 2009 at 7:55 PM  

I like metal #2 as well, but I really like leather #3.
glad it's going so quickly!

October 7, 2009 at 7:51 AM  

I vote for metal button number three but have you thought about a button that matches the blue? That's kind of what I'm thinking because I don't want the buttons to show up as much.

I vote for lace sleeves, too. It's such a pretty lace.

October 7, 2009 at 12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home