Striped Toe Socks

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Good Bye 2008

This has been the hardest year of my life. The great joy of finding myself pregnant after our first month of really trying and the great sorrow of losing the baby. I nearly lost my Mom as well and I don't think I could have survived both. But, of course you never really know how strong you are until you face the worst. It also brought me great joy in my new friendships with my knitting girls. I couldn't have gotten through the last year without that group and the truly special people in it. I learned a new found depth of closeness with J, I know that we can survive tragedy and come through it better. I can't say it was all some good learning experience. I'm harder, bitter and my faith has some solid cracks in it. I hope those things soften in the next year. I hope for, well, I guess I hope for a lot.

To feel refreshed with my education and to have a renewed yearning for knowledge.

To feel like myself again.

To have deeper, more meaningful relationships, even when that means I have to pick up the phone to do it.

I hope to be better, stronger, happier, more at peace than I was this year. And I hope to worry about all those things a little less and just be happy with what I have, where I am.
posted by Ginny at 9:26 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home