Striped Toe Socks

Monday, July 28, 2008

Weekend in Review

The last few days have been really busy and fun. It is still amazing to me that I have met so many new friends through knitting.

Thursday I went out with Lisa and Emily. There are photos, but to be honest none of us are lovin' those pics so they won't be posted here. We did meet Tom the software salesman. If you see Tom out and about say hi, he is lonely, but don't stay, if you do you may here stories about his ex's daughter that you will wish you hadn't. The band did lots of Neil Diamond covers, being the lone Neil fan in my family it was a joy to discover Emily shares my love. This shouldn't surprise me since we've found more ways we are alike each time we talk.



Here's Tom.







Friday Emily and I did a little shopping after work. The Greene was insanely packed. I introduced her to the glories of Sephora, but neither of us bought anything. We did get some cute things at Ny&Co from the clearance section. There was much lust and drooling over the new Vera Bradleys, I hope Emily treats herself for her birthday.

Saturday was the David Church rummage sale. I had heard about it through an email from a knitting friend, there was rumored to be yarn there. Since Emily lives so close we went to the sale together. Neither of us bought yarn, but we did find some other treasures.

I love this old trunk and it was a bargain at $12!

There was lots of fabric. Since Chris is inspiring me to learn how to sew I picked up these two lovelies to get me started.



Emily surprised me with a little present. He was waiting for me in her cereal box.



Ok, I have actual work to do, so no more blogging. I didn't even cover the Celtic Fest, which was awesome.
posted by Ginny at 11:51 AM

3 Comments:

Ooh! Fabric from a church rummage sale! what could be better? well, ok, maybe a $12 trunk. what are you gonna make?

July 28, 2008 at 5:51 PM  

Oh good lord...it's Tom. *sigh* At least I got a beer out of him. Which I feel I earned after hearing that birthing story. *shudder*

Maybe you and I should hire Chris to teach us to sew???

July 28, 2008 at 8:36 PM  

if I had known you were celtic festing, we could have met up! I had my terrible weekend class, but I managed to (somehow) still make it to at least most of each gaelic storm set =)

July 29, 2008 at 6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home