Striped Toe Socks

Saturday, July 19, 2008

The Dark Knight and Dark Knitting

We saw Batman last night and it was worth the wait. It was a bit of a pain to see, due to tickets selling out at many showings and a long line to enter the theater, even though we were there 45 min before show time. I remember the day when we would have been first in line for the first showing at 12:01 am, I guess that time has passed. It makes me a little sad, but I guess say I wasn't happy being asleep at three in the morning instead of on my way home from the theater. Heath Ledger was the perfect Joker and it made me sad again to see him, knowing his real life outcome. I was never a big fan, I really hadn't seen him in much, but I was still shocked to hear of his passing. The greater loss is of course to his family, but the audience will be missing him as well.

Christian Bale is delicious and I would gladly have his babies and wash his socks.

On to the knitting.

I felted the bag and disaster struck. It now has three or maybe it's four holes along the color joins. It isn't all of them which is confusing, I don't know where I went wrong. I'm deciding how exactly to hide the holes after the are stitched up, buttons maybe? I would take a picture, but frankly I feel ill when I look at it.

The lace hat is progressing pretty well. It was my goal to have the second repeat done by the end of the week, but that may include Sunday now, since I'm about six rounds short. As long as it's done by vacation though I'm good. (Aug. 8) I have no idea what I'll be working on Sunday night, maybe I'll go back to the Central Park Hoodie, then it may be done by Fall.

One more Batman nerd thing. Here is the list of Batman's mental illnesses.
posted by Ginny at 10:05 PM

2 Comments:

Oh no! don't you think the holes could just be stitched up with some matching thread? Maybe they're too big. If so, you could cut some felt circles in some contrasting color and just applique them over the holes, then also in other spots like an intentional design - I think that'd really be cute actually!

July 20, 2008 at 4:20 PM  

Those midnight showing don't have to be gone! I did one about 2 years ago and I have quite a number of years on you. There is hope for such odd eccentricities, I swear.

July 29, 2008 at 10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home