Striped Toe Socks

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Six Months!

Grace had her six month check up this week. It went well, despite the shot related tears. Then my own tears started once we got home. We have dabbled in solids the last few weeks and our doctor gave us the go ahead to give her anything she would like to taste. (except peanuts) You might as well have told me she was leaving for college. I felt completely obsolete, ridiculous I know. She will still rely primarily on nursing for nutrition for her first year. Solids will be a compliment to breastmilk, to introduce her to the many flavors and textures of grown up food. I should be excited to share these things with her, and I am. It just feels like the beginning of the end of an era. Oh the drama!

My tiny baby is sixteen pounds and has some pretty concrete opinions. Namely, Mama all the time please. She has fun with Daddy and the grandparents, but she likes to have me in sight. Thankfully, she adores my parents so much she doesn't fuss when I go to work. I feel so lucky to spend 22 hours a day with her. Mornings are my favorite. We cuddle in bed and smile at each other while we wake up. On the weekends Daddy gets to share the fun with us. She is such a little lug to carry around, my back and hips are in constant pain. I've been looking at getting a new carrier by spring.

My biggest personal struggle is "me" time. I get a fair amount of interweb and reading time, but I rarely leave the house. Story time has helped a little, at least I'm with adults, but I've just gotten into the habit of staying in. (wonders if this is how agoraphobia begins) Afternoons are nap time, for both of us, and bedtime starts at 8-8:30. I still primarily nurse down to sleep and a lot of nights it's a struggle. Or maybe I'm just making excuses because of the crazy.

But it's ok, I can leave the house once she leaves for the dorms
posted by Ginny at 10:57 PM

2 Comments:

oh ginny - this sounds like a perfect excuse to come back to knit night every once in a while!! the little lady can spend some time with daddy, while you get a little adult time! I miss you!

February 9, 2011 at 3:15 PM  

ditto what chris said. I'll pick you up this sunday?

February 10, 2011 at 12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home