Striped Toe Socks

Monday, February 28, 2011

Seven Months!

I don't know where the time has gone, blah blah.

We have been doing pretty well the last week.

First off, sleep. After a particularly bad night I ordered a bed rail to facilitate safe bed sharing. J installed it Thursday and the sleeping began. It isn't the same quality of sleep, but I didn't expect it would be and that's ok. Sleep is sleep and I'll take it, thank you very much. Not getting up to nurse, means being less awake and Grace and I have both been in a great mood the last few days. We had the best family weekend we have had in ages.

                                          Don't mind me, I'm just a cute little bed bug.

Solids are a slow start. Despite being curious about everything, my food included, when it came to actually eating, not so much. She will eat about a tablespoon of veggies or fruit mixed with cereal, then she's done and wants to nurse. I'm fine with this. I don't intend to wean her until she is ready, or the biting does me in. Considering she has seven teeth already,  I don't see the biting getting worse and it is manageable now. Another thing, in a long list, that surprises me about myself as a mother is my dedication to nursing.

                                                  This doesn't taste like pizza!

Movement and play have dramatically improved the last week. Grace does not like to play alone, which gets a little old. She has been able to roll sporadically for a while, but her skills have gotten much better lately. Now she can roll and scoot to toys. Yay! Now I can knit and goof off on the interweb clean and put laundry away! I still can't leave the room without the fussing, but we're getting there, right?


Life is getting more fun every day!
  
 But if you leave you might miss stuff like this 











posted by Ginny at 11:43 AM

1 Comments:

Oh that little girl is just SO beautiful! i can't get over it - I mean all babies are cute, but she's just gorgeous! It's cool to hear that she's getting mobile!! (and I suppose especially cool for you that she's kinda mobile but not TOO mobile!)

March 2, 2011 at 8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home