Striped Toe Socks

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Blogging about blogging

I often feel like my head is either overwhelmed and empty or overwhelmed and too full. Part of this blog is to allow an outlet for my assorted thoughts, observations and random emotions. As part of that effort and to maybe evolve a little I've decided to participate in NaBloPoMo.

So consider yourselves warned, minutia will follow.

Today I had lunch and a long coffee/writing session with D and my Mom. They have decided to write a novel and have begun to develop characters and plot a story. It was at this point that I realized what a cynic I am. The story is ok, it's not going to be the next Great American novel, but it's no worse than your average Lifetime movie. My face gave me away though. I have no poker face. I hope I do better when I have kids.

We also went to Van Maur, the new anchor store at the Greene. I's very high end and I enjoyed walking around, touching the clothes I couldn't afford. It reminded me of girls weekends in Chicago, which always brings back bittersweet, but mostly happy memories. We havev't had a long weekend since Beth died. Now Chrstina is old enough to go with us and start making her own memories. I hope we are able to plan somethng for spring. Those trips are special. They're part of how we formed the tight family unit we are.

Tomorrow, sock knitting.
posted by Ginny at 5:51 PM

2 Comments:

Hullo! I'm a fellow NaBloPoMo knitter, and I just stopped by to check out your blog and to wish you well in our 'post a day' quest. I'm a (new this year!) sock knitter too... :-)

November 2, 2008 at 12:27 PM  

Sometimes it's good not to have a poker face. Also sometimes it's much hard to do one in front of family.

November 2, 2008 at 10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home