Striped Toe Socks

Friday, October 31, 2008

Four Foods on Friday

This is from a blog that highlights crafts and food, two of my favorite things.

#1. What kind of pretzels are your favorite? Snyder Honey Mustard, Bits and Pieces

#2. What’s your favorite way to eat pancakes? I like to have my syrup on the side in a little cup and dip them, I think syrup on top makes them too soggy

#3. Do you make garlic bread from scratch or buy frozen? Buy frozen

#4. Share a recipe that calls for mozzarella cheese. This is one of those "feel" it as you go recipes

Tomatoes Mozzarella Delight

I container mozzarella balls, I buy mine at Trader Joe's
1 pint grape tomatoes, cut in half
EVOO, sorry, but Rachael creeps into my brain at times
Balsamic vinegar
Garlic, three cloves would be a good start, but it depends on how much you like garlic
Herbs of choice, I always use dry
~Basal
~Oregano
Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste

Chop up garlic, very fine
Mix tomatoes and cheese in medium bowl
Now start pouring vinegar and olive oil in bowl, maybe 1 cp-1 1/2
Add garlic, herbs, salt and pepper, stir to combine

I think it's best to make this a day ahead so all the flavors can meld. You can serve it on ethe side, it's great with steak, or over pasta.
posted by Ginny at 9:59 AM

4 Comments:

That salad sounds very tasty!! :)I love salads with lots of nice fresh flavors! :)

November 1, 2008 at 5:18 AM  

I'm seeing alot with the mozzarella and tomatoes this go round. Too bad I'm not a tomato fan. Sigh.

November 1, 2008 at 10:30 PM  

I make the same salad by taste almost every week. I use the pearl mozzarella balls.

corrinrenee.com

November 2, 2008 at 10:37 AM  

Another mozzarella and tomato fan. I have to try this. chatbugkaren.com/windingthreads

November 2, 2008 at 3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home